Monday, October 24, 2016

Kiara in Oceanside, CA


Me being me in the morning

Stuffing my face with a wicked good sandwich


Leaving a house where we knew people were inside but didn't answer the door-missionary life



Our trunk in trunk or treat for a ward fall festival party


And us at lunch one day:)




We picked up lots of new investigators. we are supposed to have four new investigators a week and we picked up 6. whoop whoop. we also had zone conference this week and it was super cool. something very much needed. we have also been pretty busy. our schedule has been pretty packed and busy. got another person on date for baptism and she's a Jehovah's witness so we will see how that goes. church is awesome. I'm starting to understand even more Spanish. so that's good. last night we finally got into contact with Robert, the possible gang member. he was drinking a beer when we got there. he showed us where he does tattoos and gave us his card. he's pretty cool. he's the one that has the Chargers logo tattooed above his temple on his head. he seems very interested so we will also see what happens with that.

I have gotten hooked on tamales. from a van. the Palacios are a wonderful loving family that are freaking awesome. they feed us every Friday night. and we help do service with cleaning their house, putting away groceries, and cleaning their huge pots and pans they cook tamales and elotes in. but its pretty fun. I've gotten good at saying "tamales, elotes, champurrado" I love sweet corn tamales, they are usually eaten as a desert. and then Rojas. they have jalapenos and cheese, they are kinda spicy but freaking delicious. good thing we have to run every morning or else I would be unhappy with my body.

Something cool that happened this week is I've been studying Christ like attributes in Preach My Gospel. this week was patience. because I need more because I have been super stressed and anxious all week. it has definitely helped. but I still need more. I'm breaking out like crazy. my face hurts. have to have deep breaths and try to be calm. God is testing me. He is trying my patience. Have to be strong. pray for me.

My Spanish is coming, one step at a time (Jordin Sparks). pray for me.

Yesterday consisted of strange smells and bugs. we sat with Sofia, the woman that is large and makes her clothes out of sheets. she has lots of health problems. her house smells like urine. so we were there for an hour and a half and we smelled funky afterwards. at dinner she was frying chicken and so we smelled like cooking oil. gross. and then we smelled like sweat and beer from Roberts house. there were also so many ants in Sofia's house. she has food all over on the ground so there are hundreds of ants crawling all over the place, and us. fun. and then there were cockroaches scurrying all over at dinner as well. because her son is a hoarder. is was a interesting day to say the least. but I love the people. they make life so much interesting and adventurous. good stuff.

2 Nephi 4
Alma 32

good stuff.

In relief society yesterday there was a woman and her son is leaving on his mission this week and she was crying the whole time. it was so sweet and it reminded me of you mom because you cry all the time :) I love you mommy:) and I know you love me!  please send me my health insurance:)

 
I love you guys so much and miss you like crazy. I hope you are having fun and being safe. I'll pray for you if you pray for me.

love, Kiara:)<3

-- 
Hermana Kiara Harker
California Carlsbad Mission
451 West Bobier Drive
Vista, CA 92083-1906
(for letters and packages;))

No comments:

Post a Comment