Tuesday, December 20, 2016

One Week Till Christmas!!!

This is it. I cannot believe it is here. Christmas is almost here. Talking to my family is almost here and I am so excited!
Well momma you should be proud because I am leading the area right now with my companion. Every other day we switch off between speaking pure Spanish and pure English. Yanno I need help with Spanish and she needs help with English. It's super hard but we are both learning.
We moved into an elders apartment while they moved into ours. Lemme just say... ew. Ew like Jimmy Fallon's short. Ew. It was disgusting. Hair everywhere. Just super dirty and messy. And then they left a bunch of crap so it looked like they were still living there. But after a couple days of hard work cleaning and unpacking, it is starting to smell and look like how a home should. 
I was moving that cart full of church chairs this morning and one of them jumped off and fell on my foot. No cuss words. No tears. I'm a true woman. Dignified. But it is super swollen but we have no ibuprofen so that is the first thing to buy on the list for today. Pray for me.
Pictures will be next week. I apologize.
We haven't been able to do a lot of teaching this week with transfers and holiday things, but we are going to have a FHE with our less active named Luz and her nonmember kids aka our investigators tonight. Hopefully set them on date for baptism. Whoop whoop!
One day we do pure English to help Hermana Balcazar out and then the next we have puro Espanol to help me out with Spanish. It adds stress but it will pay off. Eventually. Hopefully.
All in all I love my mission. I love posole and corn tortillas. I wish we could walk more often but I don't think that would be good right now with having a foot that looks like an almond. and I'm a Mormon.
I love the Lord. I love my family and I love chocolate too much. Next month I turn 20. Food for thought. I hope everyone has a great week and a very Merry Christmas and Feliz Navidad! Les quiero mucho!
Con todo el amor en me corathon, Hermana Kiara Harker
:)<3

--
Hermana Kiara Harker
California Carlsbad Mission
451 West Bobier Drive
Vista, CA 92083-1906
(for letters and packages;))

No comments:

Post a Comment