Monday, August 28, 2017

NEW! 

new transfer. new comp. new language. new area. new assignment. new new new new NEW!!

I received a call on Thursday from our mission president President Thomas asking if I would accept an assignment as Sister Training Leader. I accepted. so now I would like to introduce: Sister Harker new STL coming to you live from Valley Center California. I will be heading back into the Escondido zone as a STL. but Valley Center is like 30 minutes from my last area in San Marcos. so everyday we will drive in our big white truck 30ish minutes to our area in Valley Center. I'm pretty sure I will be speaking in English more than Spanish. going to have to dust off my English scriptures for this one. its going to be interesting, difficult, and im super excited. I wanted to be assigned to VC since I was in San Marcos. it is a super large area and its a bunch of farm lands from what I saw my one day on exchanges there. but im excited. the ward there is English AND Spanish. and my comp doesn't really know Spanish, she was called English. so I will be teaching both...I think... but im excited for all the changes. and of course sad to leave Hermana corona and fallbrook. change is good though:)

something else new that happened yesterday. I let Hermana corona give me a make over. so I strayed from my "eyebrows, eyeliner and mascara" path and I got "primer, foundation, eyebrows, wet eyeliner, mascara, and HIGHLIGHT" that was a first for me. it covered up my pink and shiny face and got me some highlight!! so proud. made me think of Vane back in oside:) change is good:)

Something I noticed today in my studies: I was reading in Alma 5. and in v 62 Alma refers to the Tree of Life back in 1 Nephi 8. and the first time I read it I was like "well ya duh bc the fruit of the tree of life is the word of God. everybody knows that!" Well, I thought of it differently today. I realized that the newer prophets in the Book of Mormon, for example Alma, is practically baring is testimony of what has already been written by the later prophet Nephi. It is such a simple and almost hidden testimony when Alma refers to what Nephi has written. And I like to think about how cool it is that they read each other's stuff! it also reminded me about how we as missionaries need to testify of the words that our companions speak. it adds another witness. I LOVE THE SCRIPTURES!!!!!

also the whole chapter of Alma 5 is a great self check. I encourage all to go back and read it please:) 

love,
Hermana Kiara Harker
California Carlsbad Mission





me and a chicken painting on a fence
Hermana vargas' birthday
make up samples. its not very noticeable...but its ok:)

No comments:

Post a Comment