Monday, August 21, 2017

The ups and the downs.


I have learned something new this week that I am going to try my hardest to do exactly what ive learned. And I think it might be a little difficult but its something I need to do to better myself and to change. So Hermana Corona and I were talking earlier this week. And I was telling her that Christ wasn't mean to people, and then she said that He wasn't mean, He just didn't take crap from other people. It was brought up because she has been telling me that I'm too nice and that I shouldn't let people push me around, even her. And then when we were sitting in Sacrament Meeting yesterday, someone gave a talk about how when you take the sacrament, you look in the mirror and you ask yourself what you want to see next week in the mirror. Sometimes I don't voice how I feel out of fear. Sometimes I fear rejection too much. Sometimes I give up too soon. I need to be more confident. I need to roll my shoulders back and raise my voice a little louder and call these people to repentance. Nephi was pleased to speak plainly and boldly. I should be more like Nephi. So that is something i am going to try to work really hard on this week.  I know I can give up more of me to this work and let my Savior fill up the spots and shape me into the person that i can become.

one year ago i left my beloved family to come to Mexico to come to cali. it was the hardest thing ive ever done, but the most rewarding. and i am still receiving those rewards and blessings. i love my mission. i love the person that God has shaped me to be and it continues. I love seeing myself change and feeling myself closer to the Savior.

here are some quotes our mission president sent out today. i love them. 

If the Lord sees greatness in you, then how should you see yourself?
--L. Tom Perry

Repentance is not only possible but also joyful because of our Savior.
Dale G. Renlund

You are not competing with anyone else. You are only competing with yourself to do the best with whatever you have received.
--L. Tom Perry

Love is the beginning, the middle, and the end of the pathway of discipleship.
--Joseph B. Wirthlin



ewheres hermana harker in this picture?
us looking at the solar eclipse. i guess i have a reputation for pulling faces? i get it from my dad.

Preview attachment eclipse.jpg

2.2 MB




have a wonderful week! i love you! don't forget to read the Book of Mormon! 



typical car selfie but its the only time i really remember to take pictures...

sisters that are going home this next week. finished strong!
we went out for frozen yogurt with some sisters in the branch













No comments:

Post a Comment