Tuesday, August 15, 2017

so ive been really bad with reading some emails and im too lazy and dont have enough time to go back and read and delete some emails so i still have 57 unread emails from a lot time ago. i apologize...

but this week was awesome. our numbers dont show it really, but it really was great. i love Hermana Corona. shes an amazing comp.

my dad celebrated his birthday without me. but thats okay. not too hurt of feelings. i celebrate 1 year in the mission on this Wednesday...ahhh!!!!! 12 freaking months. wow. im so happy i cannot go back in time because a august 16, 2016 and the few months to follow was some of the hardest times in my entire life haha. ah man. its a good thing i can laugh about it now!.

i was chosen to do a discussion for our zone meeting. ill be talking about faith. and its super cliche because ill be using the well known alma 32 from the BoM. its going to be great, dont judge me.

we ate so many tamales in a one day period. but i love them. ive been eating a lot of spicy food lately and its really hurting me. i wake up in the middle of the night with stomach cramps. which is weird. ive been eating pretty spicy stuff all my mission and it has never hurt me THIS bad. but its fine. ive got my box of tums and applesauce in the fridge.

so remember that giant tree outside of the church here? well i still love it. AND we did our comp study under there a few days ago. it was amazing.i love that tree. i love my mission.

my dad told me i need to be better about writing in my journal. and so this week i tried to write at least every night. i think i succeeded. i even made a list about a bunch of changes ive seen in myself. i filled the page. i keep having feelings or "ganas de llorar" to cry. i think its because its becoming real that my mission is almost over here in Cali. it also makes my stomach hurt. im kinda frightened to leave, but also excited out of my mind all at the same time. dont worry i dont understand myself either. but im trying to focus on the now. the here and today. i can worry about all that later. ive still got some time. i just need to hold my horses.

i apologize, ive been absolutely terrible about taking pictures. this week there will maybe be more. i just took one with hermana corona here as we email so theres something for you guys to look at toward the end of this;)

i know the church is true. i know that Christ lives. i know that we have a prophet that leads the church and that he receives revelation straight from God. i know that they are leading us to have better lives and to be happy. they know. and God knows. so we really should believe and trust them. trust God more than man. the things of the world are temporary. "spiritually minded is life eternal". straight from the scriptures so its true.

love you!

hermana kiara harker out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment